Environmental Equipment Operator/Laborer
Duties and Responsibilities
· Set and prepare job sites for excavation and other projects. Following constructions plans and direction of ILM site leader.
· Assist on environmental construction projects including dredging, excavating, shoreline stabilization, flood remediation, and other
jobs that require machinery.
· Learn and grow into leadership position.
· Assist other departments and learn other skills as needed to serve ILM clients.
· Perform labor-intense tasks as needed including shoveling, lifting, planting, etc.
· Communicate job progress both verbally and with written reports.
· Work independently and as a team
· Majority of work will be within Chicago-land area, however national travel will be occasionally required.
· Work days can be 10+ hours and often require weekend “on call” availability.
We are expanding the staff of our construction department to be able to serve more clients and support our growth. We’re looking for an individual who can support our construction projects both as an operator and laborer. Versatility, flexibility, and tenacity are going to be the key hallmarks of this position. In addition, a key requirement to be chosen for this role is to have excellent client-facing skills and care about the environment. The latter two are key values of ILM so only people who share those values should apply.
o Operator experience
o Heavy machinery knowledge
o CDL or ability to obtain within 6 months
o 4 year experience working with heavy equipment
o Lift up to 50lbs
o Strong work ethic, proven self-starter
o Small engine maintenance and repair skills
o Boat handling skills and experience are a plus
o Ambition to have constant learning and growth
To apply for this position please send resume to: