Service: Diver Assisted Suction Harvesting
Problem: “The swimming area in my lake is overrun by underwater plants.”
Solution: D.A.S.H. can get rid of the problem quickly and have you swimming comfortably in no time.
If you live on a lake or pond, you know how nuisance aquatic plants can grow out of control and get in the way of how you enjoy using the water. On the other hand, some native plants are needed to provide oxygen, food, and habitat that contribute to a healthy, balanced aquatic environment. Native plants are especially important if you want to support fish or other forms of wildlife. D.A.S.H., or Diver Assisted Suction Harvesting, allows us to remove the “bad” plants while leaving the right amount of “good” plants needed to keep your lake or pond healthy.
What is D.A.S.H.?
- D.A.S.H. stands for Diver Assisted Suction Harvesting and is an alternative to chemical use to kill unwanted plants.
- Divers identify unwanted non-native or invasive plants that need to be removed, pull them out by the roots and feed them into a suction tube that transports the plants to a boat to be hauled away.
- The results are immediate, long-lasting, and chemical-free.
Problem: “Weeds around my dock are getting stuck in the propeller of my boat!”
Solution: D.A.S.H. Can clear out the underwater weeds around your dock and save you the hassle and expense of prop damage.
How Can it Help?
- Our divers are ecologists experienced in knowing how to tell the difference between beneficial native plants and destructive invasive plants that upset the balance of your lake or pond.
- Remaining native plants support fish and other wildlife that are an integral part of any aquatic environment.
- Since we remove unwanted plants by the roots, the effects of removal are long-lasting.
- D.A.S.H. is a chemical-free approach to plant control. And the results are enjoyed immediately!
Interested in more information about D.A.S.H. or other holistic strategies to care for your environment? Contact us today! We welcome the opportunity to work with you to improve the health and beauty of your lake, pond, wetland, woodland, or prairie.
Problem: “We’re having a wedding at the lake this weekend – Is there a way to make the water clear of plants in time?”
Solution: Yes! D.A.S.H. Can clean out the unwanted aquatic weeds round your shore. It’s fast and effective.
Looking for more information on D.A.S.H.?
Click here to read D.A.S.H. Frequently Asked Questions.