Construction Department Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
General Summary: ILM Construction Department Manager Position is involved in all aspects of executing the construction services that ILM offers. First and foremost, focusing on schedule dispatching to hit client and company goals. Increasing the departments productivity and margins. Working with our Project Managers/Field Operations Manager for daily communications. This position has diverse responsibilities that provide personnel a broad spectrum of learning opportunities while allowing them to hone their current skills.
- Schedule staff for weekly tasks.
- Participate in weekly scheduling meetings.
- Give daily progress reports to Operations Supervisor.
- Understand and be held accountable for departments budget expenditures and tracking.
- Ensure all Qualified eyes are completed timely consistent to ILM standards.
- Ensures proper daily reporting from crews gets to the Ems.
- Assist Field Operations by dispatching work, reviewing service reports daily, marking tasks complete, generating timesheets, and performing inventory counts while occasionally working with your crews.
- Will work with Operations Manager to build job quotes
- Work with Project Managers to implement solutions for a variety of construction maintenance and construction
- Candidate needs to have an interest in ecological, aquatic maintenance services, including but not limited to herbicide application, cutting/mowing, prescribed burning, seeding, and installation of native plants, erosion control, aquatic removals and machine operations.
- Communicate internally with Field and Office staff to ensure clients’ needs are met.
- Demonstrate high level of organization to manage multiple projects, subcontractors, vendors, etc.
- Ensures team has completed their Safety Tips and Victories by Jackie’s Deadline
- Ensure Service Reports a completed daily and sent to Project Managers.
- Work within internal software to develop reports.
- Responsible for helping to hire, manage, train, and evaluating field staff to meet needs of clients.
- Devise, implement, and monitor company safety programs with help of Field Operations Manager.
- Participate and promote company safety programs.
- Work with Project Management team participate in training, and meetings at Manager’s direction.
- Quality control check larger work sites pre, during and post work to be sure we are meeting standards.
ILM is seeking positive energetic people to help us provide service for our clients in the Chicagoland area. No experience necessary, we will provide on the job training. Applicants must have a drive to grow both personally and professionally. As a member of our team you will be working together with other passionate employees to help meet our client’s goals for their natural environments. Most of services we provide will be outdoors in areas including uneven terrain, thick vegetation, and varying weather conditions.
- 4 years of field experience in Construction operations.
- 2 years of Construction Management.
- Knowledge of ecological restoration and conservation techniques
- Environmental/Biological Science degree
- Currently obtain or work to obtain a Class A CDL with air brake and manual endorsements.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must be skilled in computers and common software, experience with ArcView and GIS, Fieldaware and Netsuite is a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Possession of Driver’s License with a clean driving record, must have a CDL or obtain one in 3-6 months
- 3-5 years of Field Experience
- Knowledge of large equipment operations and how to operate them.
- Understands dredging operations, grading operations, reading plan sets and working from them.
- Demonstrated the ability to lead crews from 2 to 10 members
- Sit at desk and work on computer for multiple hours at a time.
- Walk in uneven Terrain.
- Work outside in all types of weather.
- Drive a vehicle.
- Operate machinery.
- Lift up to 50lbs
If you are interested in joining our company, please apply now! Email your resume to jobs@ILMenvironments.com.