Aquatic Field Technician
Duties and Responsibilities
• Control of aquatic vegetation and algae, Fountain and aeration maintenance, fish surveys, water quality studies, natural area maintenance, controlled burning, and other lake and pond services.
• The use of pesticides: loading, mixing, spraying
• Operation of boats, motors, spray pumps, ATV’s, and other equipment. Mechanical abilities a plus.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented reporting of daily activities via computers
• Communication with clients onsite in an outgoing and positive and consultative manner
• Driving pick-up trucks and trailers to job sites.
• Working as an individual or as a part of a team
• Must pass the Illinois Department of Agriculture Commercial Pesticide Operators General Standards Exam (study guides provided).
• Perform physical labor including bending, kneeling, twisting, lifting (40lbs), reaching, carrying, etc.
• Working outdoors in all seasons and weather
• Be and remain drug free (background checks and random drug screening are standard)
ILM is seeking positive energetic people to help us provide service for our clients in the Chicagoland area. No experience necessary, we will provide on the job training. Applicants must have a drive to grow both personally and professionally. As a member of our team you will be working together with other passionate employees to help meet our client’s goals for their natural environments. Most of services we provide will be outdoors in areas including uneven terrain, thick vegetation, and varying weather conditions.
• Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• Degree in Ecology/Biology a plus.
• Our hours of operation are 7am – 5pm Monday through Saturday.
• Day-to-day scheduling needs and workload may change the start and stop times. Employees work an average of 45-55 per week.
• Some out of town work possible as well.
If you are interested in joining our company, please apply now! Email your resume and any questions to Gregg at gzink@ILMenvironments.com.